Every blog needs a purpose, everyone needs something to write about and in my case it is books and holidays. So, here we go, my goal will last a year and the intention is to read 25 books from a fixed list and thoroughly enjoy my holidays.
For the people who would like to know how I complied this list, no I didn’t just random choose books from the internet. Many of these books are books I will have to read for my studies or all time classics that have been on my to read list forever. With exception from John Green who just is an excellent writer.
- The age of innocence by Edith Wharton
- The great Gatsby by Scott F. Fitzgerald
- Jazz by Toni Morrison
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- Bright Light Big City by Jay McInerney
- Angels in America I: Millenium Approaches by Tony Kushner
- Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem
- Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
- Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- Bleeding Edge by Thomas Pynchon
- Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
- Tender is the night by Scott F. Fitzgerald
- This is Paradise by Scott F. Fitzgerald
- The Short Stories of Scott F. Fitzgerald
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by Scott F. Fitzgerald
- The Beautiful and the dammed by Scott F. Fitzgerald
- The Love of the Last Tycoon by Scott F. Fitzgerald
- The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Walter Scott
- The memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Walter Scott
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Several Spanish short stories by various authors.
Finally, the ever-changing vacation plans. At the moment these are the prospects. These are only the plans for the summer, further plans will develop along the year.
“The past is history, the present is known, but the future will always remain a mystery”
- Rome and Korfu
For the curious people, this is what my blog will handle the coming year. See what I think about these books, will I complete my list or will I succumb under the pressure and not finish it? And what about my travels? What will we visit, what do we recommend and more important will there be any mishaps?